Re: Patch file questions?

From: Casey Havenor <casey(at)myzip2it(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch file questions?
Date: 2011-06-29 19:53:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Partitioning becomes impossible as I'd have to hunt down every single row
from every table within the hierarchy when needed. I've got an object
driven system with permissions for users so I'll easily have thousands of
rows to manage across 100's of tables.

For inheritance I'm using it for the following. ONLY on/with UNIQUE
CONSTRAINTS and FOREIGN KEYS with OIDS enabled - which from my understanding
that shouldn't be an issues as there shouldn't any duplicate entries that
cause a deadlock? -- So I would think this patch would be ok? What am i
missing here?

Is there another way that won't be such a headache - cost tons of man hours
- and still be efficient?

Either way I'd still like to know how to apply a patch to PostgreSQL just to
satisfy my curiosity? :)

Thanks for the fast response.

-----
Warmest regards,