Re: Fwd: Keywords in pg_hba.conf should be field-specific

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Keywords in pg_hba.conf should be field-specific
Date: 2011-06-28 20:07:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Pavel Stehule's message of dom jun 26 13:10:13 -0400 2011:
> Hello
>

> > I have touched next_token() and next_token_expand() a bit more, because
> > it seemed to me that they could be simplified further (the bit about
> > returning the comma in the token, instead of being a boolean return,
> > seemed strange).  Please let me know what you think.
>
> I am thinking, so it is ok.

Thanks, I have pushed it.  Brendan: thanks for the patch.

> I am not sure, if load_ident is correct. In load_hba you clean a
> previous context after successful processing. In load_ident you clean
> data on start. Is it ok?

Yeah, they are a bit inconsistent.  I am uninclined to mess with it,
though.  Right now it seems to me that the only way it could fail is if
you hit an out-of-memory or a similar problem.  And if you hit that at
postmaster startup ... well ... I guess you have A Problem.

If somebody wants to submit a patch to fix that, be my guest.