Need to reinstall postgresql files

From: lrprentice <lloyd(at)writersglen(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Need to reinstall postgresql files
Date: 2011-06-28 06:02:19
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hello,

I inadvertently deleted certain postgresql directories/files from my Debian
Lenny installation (don't ask).

These included /etc/init.d/postgresql, /etc/postgresql, and maybe others.
Evidently these directory/files are installed during Lenny installation, but
not during apt-get install postgresql following an apt-get --purge remove
postgresql.

So, now I can't run postgresql at all on my Debian Lenny system.

Can any kind soul recommend a method of restoring these directory/files
short of reinstalling Debian Lenny from scratch?

Many thanks,

LRP