Re: Another backup q

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Halford Dace <hdace(at)bluedot(dot)co(dot)za>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Another backup q
Date: 2001-01-15 00:34:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

Halford Dace <hdace(at)bluedot(dot)co(dot)za> writes:
> However, what rather terrifies me is that pg_dump seems only to store the
> oid field in the dump, and not the content of the LO itself.

You're quite right: pg_dump does NOT back up large objects.
(7.1's pg_dump will, but 7.0 and before don't.)

There is a pg_dumplo utility in current sources, a bit late :-(.
I have attached a copy of it that is modified to work with 7.0,
and I think it will work with 6.5, but I don't have a running 6.5
server to check with. Test it out and let us know ...

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_dumplo_old.tar.gz application/octet-stream 7.2 KB