Re: An amusing MySQL weakness--not!

From: Vincent Veyron <vv(dot)lists(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>
To: Darren Duncan <darren(at)darrenduncan(dot)net>
Cc: Michael Nolan <htfoot(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: An amusing MySQL weakness--not!
Date: 2011-06-26 14:11:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Le dimanche 26 juin 2011 à 00:05 -0700, Darren Duncan a écrit :
> Michael Nolan wrote:

> Having real BOOLEAN is just one of the reasons I like Postgres the most.

Would you mind giving an example of where a boolean field would be a win
over an integer one?

I'm asking this because I frequently wonder what is best for my use; I
normally query postgres via Perl modules, which don't care about boolean
(the driver converts t/f to 0/1), but I like to tune my fields properly.

--
Vincent Veyron
http://marica.fr/