configure "stuff"

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: configure "stuff"
Date: 2011-06-25 18:26:25
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

I received an email a few days ago (humm, weeks) about issues with
compiling pgAdmin.

====== extract ======
The file pgadmin/db/keywords.c has this statement in it:
#include <server/parser/kwlist.h>

Now it comes that pg_config does spit out either
/usr/include/postgresql for the --includedir switch (for client things)
and /usr/include/postgresql/9.0/server for --includedir-server. Given
that both seems to work well for other stuff I'm unsure whether there is
a problem here and it should rather be #include <parser/kwlist.h> (or
the file be moved out of server context).
====== end of extract ======

I took a quick look at it, and it seems we forgot something. If I'm not
wrong, we don't use the --includedir-server switch for our includes in
the configure script (actually, in the acinclude.m4 file). And it breaks
the compilation on Debian when a user uses the PostgreSQL package on
Debian or any other .deb linux distributions. We already do this for the
package include dir (--pkgincludedir), I don't see any reason why we
shouldn't do it for the server one.

Comments?

--
Guillaume