Re: Database bar

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
Cc: "pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Database bar
Date: 2011-06-12 06:59:33
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Sat, 2011-06-11 at 22:24 +0200, Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> On 11.06.2011 18:16, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> (...)

> >> Sorry, I don't know what that means.
> >> Are you referring to the source code? I have only donwnloaded the
> >> provided binary ...
> >>
> > I think you don't have the new size because the old one is recorded in
> > your preferences. On Windows, it's stored in the registry. Can you look
> > with regedit, find the Perspective value of the frmQuery group, and
> > delete it?
> >
> > If you've never used regedit, it's probably better not to.
>
> Ah, registry settings.
> Most people will update from a previous version and run into the same
> problem ..

I know that. It seems I forgot to increment the perspective number. But
I won't do only that if the rest is wrong too.

> I have 12 entries named perspective-.* I attached the names and values
> for the first and last one. Which am I supposed to delete? All of them?

All of them would be better, but you can only delete the 8316 one.

> These values are just to remember the previous state of the GUI, I am
> not losing other settings, right?

The perspective is only for location, and size of the different panes.
In the frmQuery group, it only refers to the query tool.

> In case this should be relevant: I have installed pgAdmin  1.10, 1.12,
> and 1.14 in parallel on the PC in question.

That should not be an issue. They all have a different perspective name
(hence, the perspective-<number>). In this case, just drop the
perspective-8316.

> What's confusing: the size of the connection bar cannot be adjusted in
> any way, so why save it to the registry?

The perspective is a whole. Either you save all locations, and sizes of
the panes of this window, or you save nothing. At least, that was the
case when I last read the wxWidgets documentation.

--
Guillaume
  http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info