I've started to work on the same illustrated changelog as for 9.0,
trying to demo what I fell were the most important new features of 9.1.
I've started this wiki page.
There are a few things left, if some people want to help me...
- I'm not a native english speaker. So I think what I wrote is almost
correct english, but not that good from an advocacy point of view. This
is the one item I can't do anything about :)
- There are a few TODO lefts. Mainly:
- I didn't see how I could demo SE-Postgres. If anyone knows how it
works very well, feel free to edit it
- I didn't really follow on PGXN, so I didn't know what to demo to
give people the urge to test it
- I pointed to the wiki's SSI page for SSI's demo, as it already is
very clear. But I've got the feeling that a small detail in the examples
in SSI's page could puzzle readers: the serialization failures are
always shown at commit time of the victim transaction, when, if I
understood correctly, they occur as soon as the transaction is killed.
- Of course, if your favorite 9.1 feature isn't there, feel free to
add it :)
pgsql-advocacy by date
|Next:||From: Kevin Grittner||Date: 2011-05-23 13:39:45|
|Subject: Re: What's new in 9.1|
|Previous:||From: Rob Wultsch||Date: 2011-05-23 06:20:54|
|Subject: Re: Differentiating different Open Source databases|