Re: Proposal to shutdown pgFoundry

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proposal to shutdown pgFoundry
Date: 2011-05-21 03:32:02
Lists: pgsql-www
Excerpts from Dave Page's message of vie may 20 16:21:05 -0400 2011:

> Another option that Stefan just mentioned to me is to have a dedicated
> mailman instance for these lists, in a different namespace (in fact,
> it could even be the current instance, migrated to a new box, but
> without the GForge integration). The downside with that is that it
> would still need maintenance, and we'll still be looking after two
> completely separate mailing list and archive systems which seems to be
> far from ideal.

Yeah, I think keeping a single mailing list server is better.  I don't
think the extra load is going to be all that much anyway -- if we can
handle pgsql-hackers and pgsql-general, we shouldn't have much problem
adding a couple dozen mostly inactive lists (compared to those).

The only interesting bit is going to be the list mgmt interface ...
but that's probably OK.