Inefficiency in FK triggers

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Inefficiency in FK triggers
Date: 2007-04-23 20:28:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

While poking at Michel Dorochevsky's issue, I noticed that if a DELETE
is done in a table that is referenced by many different foreign keys,
we repeat the ri_Check_Pk_Match test over again for each FK. Seems like
it would be nice to avoid this duplicated work. But right now I don't
see any easy way to refactor the RI triggers for it --- the triggers are
independent. Something to think about in future, maybe.