I have problem with GIN index. Queries over it takes a lot of time. Some
I've got a table with tsvector- textvector:
CREATE TABLE mediawiki.pagecontent
old_id integer NOT NULL DEFAULT
CONSTRAINT pagecontent_pkey PRIMARY KEY (old_id)
The table has about 311 000 rows.
I've created GIN index over textvector:
CREATE INDEX gin_index2 ON mediawiki.pagecontent USING gin (textvector);
At first all was ok, but last days I find out that the queries take a lot of
time (10sec and more). When I start EXPLAIN ANALIZE of the query
SELECT old_id FROM mediawiki.pagecontent WHERE (textvector @@
the result is this:
"Bitmap Heap Scan on pagecontent (cost=8677.26..26663.01 rows=9037 width=4)
(actual time=8.258..8131.677 rows=9093 loops=1)"
" Recheck Cond: (textvector @@ to_tsquery('den'::text))"
" -> Bitmap Index Scan on gin_index2 (cost=0.00..8675.00 rows=9037
width=0) (actual time=6.002..6.002 rows=9093 loops=1)"
" Index Cond: (textvector @@ to_tsquery('den'::text))"
"Total runtime: 8150.949 ms"
It seems that the GIN index was not used. At first I though, that there is
some mess in the db, cause I provided some experiments(delete and import
data and GIN index), so I used vacuum, afterwards I tried pg_dump and
pg_restore, but it did not help.
Could you please point me in the right direction, where could be the
View this message in context: http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/GIN-index-not-used-tp4344822p4344822.html
Sent from the PostgreSQL - general mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
pgsql-general by date
|Next:||From: Mark||Date: 2011-04-27 20:57:58|
|Subject: GIN index not used|
|Previous:||From: Doug Gorley||Date: 2011-04-27 20:35:27|
|Subject: Re: Different sort order btwn Linux and Windows|