Re: Building PDFs error: \pdfendlink ended up in different nesting level than \pd

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Building PDFs error: \pdfendlink ended up in different nesting level than \pd
Date: 2011-04-26 15:56:23
Lists: pgsql-docs
Excerpts from Bruce Momjian's message of mar abr 26 12:44:39 -0300 2011:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> > Also, most of the sections are pretty short.  Making each of them a
> > chapter seems a waste.  I think some of them deserve a full chapter
> > (dblink, citext?, hstore, intarray, ltree, pgbench, pgcrypto, pgtrgm?,
> > pg_upgrade, tablefunc), but most don't.  (Some of the others could,
> > perhaps, get moved under "Reference").
> >
> > Would it work to move only some?
>
> I think moving some would be even worse than what we have now, unless
> you can propose some logic about why they would be split.

Remember that this thread is about someone being unable to build a PDF
from our docs (and the proposed workaround being "insert more page
breaks"), not about how logical the documentation is.

In any case, the ones I listed are the ones that have more structure
documentation-wise (which also are the ones that have received more
attention and thus are of more interest to users), so there is some
logic behind it.

Am I saying that not all contrib modules are created equal?  Yes, I am.
So sue me.