A dynamic, innovative, web mapping company based in central London is seeking
a talented SQL DBA with a couple years of experience to compliment their
development team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a SQL DBA to further
their career and play a key role in the development and provision of spatial
solutions to the corporate database as well as key clients.
To provide support and administer a PostgreSQL PostGIS database. To take
ownership of all database related issues.
Key areas of responsibility
• Manage the day to day issues with running a database
• Writing SQL functions and scripts
• Data cleansing and uploading data to database
• Providing guidance and support to other departments / members
• Designing and implementing new database structures for clients and
liaising for any issues
• Researching new database technologies / functionalities that can be
• Good knowledge of writing SQL functions and scripts
• Good working knowledge and experience of databases (ideally PostgreSQL but
• Good organisation skills
• Good communication skills
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: 10/05/11
Rate: Up to 30k plus benefits
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your CV
and a covering letter to jp(dot)mapping(at)gmail(dot)com
Unfortunately we will not be able to respond to non successful applicants.
No agencies please.
View this message in context: http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/Seeking-a-Postgres-DBA-SQL-Database-Specialist-London-UK-tp4305357p4305357.html
Sent from the PostgreSQL - jobs mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Robin Davis||Date: 2011-04-15 17:18:56|
|Subject: Architect - database internals|
|Previous:||From: sivakumar krishnamurthy||Date: 2011-04-13 16:53:23|
|Subject: Looking for PostgreSQL DBA in Bangalore|