Re: function to filter out tokens (sql syntax lexical)?

From: Wim Bertels <wim(dot)bertels(at)khleuven(dot)be>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: function to filter out tokens (sql syntax lexical)?
Date: 2011-04-15 08:07:11
Lists: pgsql-general

> Wim Bertels <wim(dot)bertels(at)khleuven(dot)be> writes:
> > is there a function one could use to filter out the specific tokes?
>
> In 8.4 and up, pg_get_keywords() might help.

indeed something i could use as reference

i'm actually looking for a way to compare two sql statement,
and to check if they are equivalent (not only semantically,
since this usually makes a difference in execution plan).

i suppose the postgresql internal must have some sort of functions
handling this, while parsing the statement.
i would be handy to have this function available as a db user.

tnx,
Wim