Re: Weird WAL problem - 9.0.3

From: Rafael Martinez <r(dot)m(dot)guerrero(at)usit(dot)uio(dot)no>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Weird WAL problem - 9.0.3
Date: 2011-04-13 13:44:05
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, 2011-04-13 at 06:28 -0700, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:09:25 am Rafael Martinez wrote:

> Might want to take a look at:

[......]
> sequence). If, due to a short-term peak of log output rate, there are
> more than 3 * checkpoint_segments + 1 segment files, the unneeded
> segment files will be deleted instead of recycled until the system
> gets back under this limit."

Thank you.

This explains the number of WAL files generated, I was not aware of the
(3*checkpoint_segments + 1) limit (I will RTBM better next time)

But this doesn't explain the WAL files not been created/recycled
time-ordered. I wonder if this happened because the partition got full
while the WALs were created/recycled?

regards,
--
Rafael Martinez Guerrero