Re: ERROR: could not access status of transaction

From: Stevie <stevieg(at)web(dot)de>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ERROR: could not access status of transaction
Date: 2011-03-25 08:50:04
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hello

> There is a commit log corruption in your database.

Yes, and it seems this is produce by a pg_upgrade bug from pg8 to pg9 in
October 2010.
> You need to make the files with right size (256K of zeroes).A suitable
> "dd" from /dev/zero will accomplish this on modernUnixen (ie, anything
> that has /dev/zero). Filling of those files with zeroes nothing but  "
> all those old transactions are aborted".

I was able to restore these files from backup. The dump is finished
without errors.

This corruption is just on our master replication, which was upgraded.
Is it a good idea to restore the clog files there too?

Regards
Steffen