Re: Email filter problem with 'index'

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Marc G(dot) Fournier <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Email filter problem with 'index'
Date: 2011-03-16 17:54:23
Lists: pgsql-www

Excerpts from Bruce Momjian's message of mié mar 16 11:36:58 -0300 2011:

> I think only the moderators would know how many of the majordomo emails
> are being caught by the filters below. My guess is that there are very
> few aside from subscribe/unsubscribe. "who", "which", and "info" seem
> like they are likely to be caught in normal emails.

I know. Very few messages are being caught in the filters. Note that
most patterns are anchored to start and end of line (allowing only for
some intervening whitespace), so just having them in a message
does not trigger the filter.

The "index" pattern was special because it matches a common pattern of
certain git diffs, so it was rightly removed. I don't think the others
merit the same treatment.