#PgEast, Databases in the Cloud Round Table Announced

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: #PgEast, Databases in the Cloud Round Table Announced
Date: 2011-03-16 13:31:40
Lists: pgsql-announce
#PgEast, Databases in the Cloud Round Table Announced

Celebrating 15 years of PostgreSQL, early. Following on the smashing
success of PostgreSQL Conference West, The PostgreSQL Conference for
Developers, End Users and Decision Makers, is being held at the Hotel
Pennsylvania, in New York City from March 22nd through 25th 2011. Please
join us in continuing to make this the largest PostgreSQL Conference
series!

Register: https://www.postgresqlconference.org/register

Media Registration:
https://www.postgresqlconference.org/content/press-registration

#PgEast will be hosting a Databases in the Cloud round table on Thursday
the 24th. With this round table we will be hosting a question and answer
forum with expert practitioners from Open Hosting, Heroku, Cirrus, 10gen
and others. We will be addressing specific opportunities, problems and
their solutions unique to operating and scaling databases in the cloud.

We also have a host of full day and half day trainings available on the
22nd including Ruby on Rails, Client and Server side development, Web
Applications with MongoDB, PostgreSQL Administration, Streaming
Replication and Hot Standby, Surviving Server Overload, Clustering with
Red Hat, and professional PostgreSQL Administration.

Thank you to our sponsors:
EnterpriseDB 	http://www.enterprisedb.com/
10Gen		http://www.10gen.com
Braintree	http://www.braintreepaymentsolutions.com
Continuent     	http://www.continuent.com
Credativ        http://www.credativ.com
Atlantic Metro	http://www.atlanticmetro.com
Endpoint     	http://www.endpoint.com
Enova Financial http://www.enovafinancial.com
F-Secure     	http://www.f-secure.com
MyYearBook      http://www.myyearbook.com
OpenSCG		http://www.openscg.com
Paperless Post  http://www.paperlesspost.com
2ndQuadrant 	http://www.2ndquadrant.com
OmniTI          http://www.omniti.com
OpenHosting 	http://www.openhosting.com
SQL Manager	http://www.sql-manager.net

This year we will be continuing our trend of covering the entire
PostgreSQL ecosystem as well as bringing in some friends from a slightly
different world, NoSQL. 10gen, the creators of MongoDB are running a
track through the entire three days and also hosting a full day training
on their database! "MongoDB is emerging as an alternative and
complementary database to established technologies like PostgreSQL. We
are very excited to be hosting the MongoDB track at Pg East, and hope
that our respective  open source communities can learn from one
another," stated Roger Bodamer EVP, Products and Engineering at 10gen.

We look forward to seeing you there!

pgsql-announce by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2011-03-17 17:23:41