Re: RFC: Hosting mailing lists of 3rd party projects

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Selena Deckelmann <selena(at)chesnok(dot)com>, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>, PostgreSQL - WWW ML <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Marc G(dot) Fournier <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2011-02-25 03:21:29
Lists: pgsql-www

Excerpts from Josh Berkus's message of jue feb 24 21:53:35 -0300 2011:

> Personally, I think that if we're going to create additional project
> lists, we should launch a mailman instance instead of adding them to
> majordomo. That way we can spread admin duties around, since we have a
> bunch of people who know mailman, and only one who understands majordomo.

Managing a single set of archive files is already enough trouble.

... hey, but then, I think Mailman has an option to not do the pipermail
stuff and just stash the archives in mboxes just like Majordomo. That
would let us handle both things together. If that really works, maybe
the archive part wouldn't be that problematic after all. (But I'm not
gonna moderate any Mailman crap.)