Re: From SQLite to Postgres

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
Cc: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: From SQLite to Postgres
Date: 2011-02-16 18:18:25
Lists: pdxpug
On Wed, 2011-02-16 at 10:03 -0800, Rich Shepard wrote:
> I've not done this before so I don't know where the gotcha's might be.
>    I downloaded a rather huge well log file (that is, a record of all wells
> dug after being granted a water right) for another state. Naturally, they
> have it as an Access table (.mdb). I used the tool, mdb-sqlite to convert it
> to a sqlite3 database, then dumped it from sqlite as a .sql file.

If you have access to Access, that is the best bet. You would just open
the access database and link tables from postgresql and then you can
literally drag and drop.

If you can't do that I would use Perl or Python to connect to the sqlite
database and move the data directly across to PostgreSQL.

-- Major Contributor
Command Prompt, Inc: - 509.416.6579
Consulting, Training, Support, Custom Development, Engineering |