Debian readline/libedit breakage

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Debian readline/libedit breakage
Date: 2011-02-10 22:34:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hello,

Per:

It seems we may have a problem to consider. As far as I know, we are the
only major platform that supports libedit but our default is readline.
Unfortunately readline is not compatible with OpenSSL (apparently?)
licensing.

This seems that it may be a problem for us considering the pre-package
builds we do.

What does everyone think? Should we work on getting libedit up to snuff?

JD
--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor

Next:From: mac_man2008@yahoo.itDate: 2011-02-10 22:38:15