Re: Lob Streaming

From: Ramesh Reddy <rareddy(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: Richard Broersma <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Lob Streaming
Date: 2011-02-09 15:22:27
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Thank you for the info.

I am afraid, the code I see in the ODBC driver is not doing streaming.
It makes one lo_read call based on the buffer size configured in your
client and truncates the rest of the content.

What I would like to have seen is, driver making a small length lo_read
calls to fill up the buffer size provided by the client, then truncate
if the size is larger, not request one huge chuck of read from the
server.

Ramesh..