Re: postponing some large patches to 9.2

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postponing some large patches to 9.2
Date: 2011-02-09 08:47:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 15:10 -0500, Chris Browne wrote:
> It's more than a bit sad...  The RangeType change has the massive merit
> of enabling some substantial development changes, where we can get rid
> of whole classes of comparison clauses, and hopefully whole classes of
> range errors.  That was my favorite would-be feature for 9.1.

I appreciate the support.

If you take the feature for a quick spin before the next commitfest,
that would be a big help. If I get it in the first commitfest of 9.2
that may mean some follow-up features, like RANGE KEYs/FKs, and maybe
even RANGE JOIN might have a chance for 9.2 as well. Or, maybe some
other features might find it useful, like partitioning or audit logs.

Regards,
	Jeff Davis