Re: SSI patch version 14

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SSI patch version 14
Date: 2011-01-25 18:37:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2011-01-25 at 11:17 -0600, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> > The heavy use of SHMQueue is quite reasonable, but for some reason
> > I find the API very difficult to read. I think it would help (at
> > least me) quite a lot to annotate (i.e. with a comment in the
> > struct) the various lists and links with the types of data being
> > held.
>
> We've tried to comment enough, but when you have your head buried in
> code you don't always recognize how mysterious something can look.
> Can you suggest some particular places where more comments would be
> helpful?

I think just annotating RWConflict.in/outLink and
PredTranList.available/activeList with the types of things they hold
would be a help.

Also, you say something about RWConflict and "when the structure is not
in use". Can you elaborate on that a bit?

I'll address the rest of your comments in a later email.

Regards,
	Jeff Davis