Re: Status on RC1?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Status on RC1?
Date: 2001-12-21 03:15:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> Where are we on the RC1 release?  What are the open items?

* That missing "July" entry in datetime.c (Thomas indicated that he'd
  fix that, but as far as I've seen he didn't commit yet).

* I think there are some unapplied NLS submissions (Peter seems to be
  keeping track of those).

* Probable bug in vacuum's tuple chain moving, per my message of the
  18th (Vadim hasn't responded to that yet).

* Hiroshi reported a regression failure on R4000 SysV awhile back,
  but with no followup details there's little we can do.

* Have you committed the SunOS memcmp fix yet?

In addition to these we have some unresolved bug reports about
duplicated tuples and sequences being mis-restored after crashes.
However, those bugs (if real) are in 7.1.*, so they don't seem
like a good reason to hold off a 7.2 release.

That's everything on my hot-list.

Perhaps we should be thinking about a docs freeze and the usual
other preparations for release.