Re: libedit on OS X?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tore Halset <halset(at)pvv(dot)ntnu(dot)no>, pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libedit on OS X?
Date: 2003-12-08 03:02:25
Lists: pgsql-ports
> Also, I am thinking we might just ship libedit with PostgreSQL in 7.5
> and get rid of the readline dependency.

You are?  Considering that most of the world has readline, that seems
like a fairly unnecessary bloat of our distribution.

I'm not sure why Tore's case is failing when libedit is reputed to work
for other people ... but I think we ought to find out and fix it, not
offer a brute-force solution of including someone else's library in
our distro.