Re: contrib/dbmirror

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Steven Singer <ssinger(at)navtechinc(dot)com>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: contrib/dbmirror
Date: 2002-10-18 00:54:53
Lists: pgsql-patches

> I am not sure we should be removing /contrib stuff during beta, though I
> understand the idea that gborg would be a better place for it. How do
> others feel?

We had agreed to try to relicense or remove all GPL-licensed contrib
items, so that the distribution would have one uniform BSD license.
I take the blame for not doing anything about that in the past cycle,
but AFAIK that is still the agreed-to plan.

In view of that, Peter is quite right to object to adding a new
GPL-licensed contrib item in 7.3; it's going in the wrong direction.

I think the ideal solution would be for the dbmirror author(s) to agree
to relicense it as BSD. If no go, then push it over to gborg.