Sync Rep Design

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Sync Rep Design
Date: 2010-12-30 17:26:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I've mulled over the design for sync rep for awhile now, and have come
up with a feature set that includes the final detailed feedback from
Fujii Masao, Aidan Van Dyk, Josh Berkus and others.

The design also draws from MySQL concepts to make the two interfaces as
similar and as simple as possible. It should be noted that the design
presented here has many features that the MySQL design does not.

I am currently finishing up my patch to offer these features, so its
time to begin final discussions.

As an interim step, I enclose a PDF version of relevant excerpts from
the doc patch. The patch will follow on a later post in the near future.

I would like to separate discussions on "user interface" from that of
internal design, to make it easier for more people to get involved.
Please read the following and post your comments. Thank you.

--
Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/books/

Attachment Content-Type Size
SyncRepDocs.pdf application/pdf 90.8 KB