pgAgent JobScheduler not running jobs

From: Rajesh Sundar <Rajeshsundar(dot)Subramanian(at)defiance-tech(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgAgent JobScheduler not running jobs
Date: 2010-12-16 06:03:22
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Good morning,
I have installed PostgreSQL 8.3 in my windows XP. I have created a user
named "mowgli".

I created database instances named "dolak" along with the default database
instance ''postgres".

From command line, i ran the pgAgent command as follows:
pgAgent INSTALL pgAgent hostaddr=127.0.0.1 -u <<domain\user>> -p
<<password>> dbname=postgres USER=mowgli -l C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin\scheduler.log

I can see a new service named "PostgreSQl Scheduling Agent - pgAgent" and
started it with no errors.

I ran the pgAgent.sql which created a pgAgent catalog under postgres
database. I can also see a new icon named Jobs.

Under Jobs, I created a new job. Once this job is created, i can see of this
job under pga_job table under the catalog created as mentioned above.

The scheduler is not running the job. I dont see any error and no log file
being created.