We are seeking a Senior Database Administrator who will be responsible
for designing and developing our company's database architecture,
planning new system implementations, plotting our database technology
path and assuring that our current and future database needs are met.
- Administer the company’s databases to ensure integrity, reliability,
currency, accuracy and security.
- Act as database architect, designing and improving the database
architecture to assure that database capacity and performance needs are
met or exceeded.
- Evaluate database technology alternatives; research and advise
management on system capabilities; coordinate software acquisition.
- Monitor database performance and tune architecture, configuration, and
queries to assure optimal performance.
- Correct database system failures by analyzing causes and developing
and implementing solutions; monitor corrective actions.
- Assist and mentor software development team to ensure that database
performance and reliability are maintained and optimized.
- Take a leadership role in database architecture analysis, design,
development, and enhancement.
- Work as project team member during end-to-end system life cycle
development of major projects.
- Accurately report project status to project team leaders.
- Participate and lead in team and client meetings.
- Knowledge of advanced principles and practices of database
administration, programming and configuration.
- Experienced with methods and techniques of database replication.
- Ability to define and resolve complex technical problems in
heterogeneous information systems environments.
- Can script as needed to support database requirements
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Capable of thinking “out of the box” or being stretched with respect
to creative expression.
- Capable of delivering flexibility and adaptability within a
fast-moving high availability environment.
- PostgresSQL database experience preferred
- Linux environment experience preferred
- Methods and techniques of database hardware configuration.
Please e-mail your resume to ncelebic(at)recognia(dot)com
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Derrick Moodey||Date: 2010-12-08 17:15:56|
|Subject: Immediate Need: PostGresSQL DBA- NY/NJ area|
|Previous:||From: Machiel Richards||Date: 2010-12-07 12:04:19|
|Subject: [Fwd: Looking Linux/postgres resource in SA]|