Duplicate data within tables

From: Machiel Richards <machielr(at)rdc(dot)co(dot)za>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Duplicate data within tables
Date: 2010-12-06 09:02:57
Lists: pgsql-novice
Good day all

            I am hoping someone can perhaps assist me some more once
again.

            I am trying to find out how you can identify duplicate data
within a postgresql database.

            The database I am working on at present seems to have a lot
of data being duplicated and despite needing to find the problem within
the code, the databases need to be sorted out as well.

            There is about 974 tables in the main database, however I
have never done such an excercise before so I hope that some more
experienced guys can give me some pointers and guidelines.

            I would really appreciate all the help I can get.

Regards
Machiel

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: TimDate: 2010-12-06 13:44:36