Re: TRUNCATE HANGS

From: tmoore <tmoore(at)ttitech(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TRUNCATE HANGS
Date: 2010-12-04 19:26:54
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Can I ask you to elaborate on one of your comments before I move to the
general thread ?

You mention committing the 'idle thread'. The test is not doing
any transaction based work, the write functions just do sql insert, no begin
commit blocks at the application level.

Any tips on interpreting pg_locks ?

Last thing, the test was modified such that only insert and truncate
activity was done, no selects.
No blocking occurred.

Tom