Postgresql on windows / solid state

From: Machiel Richards <machielr(at)rdc(dot)co(dot)za>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgresql on windows / solid state
Date: 2010-11-23 08:26:56
Lists: pgsql-novice
Good day all

            Someone has asked me now about this and I thought this to be
the best place to get some answers.

                What they would like to know is whether there is a
performance degration from running PostgreSQL on Windows in comparison
to Linux.

                  Secondly, is it viable or worth it to look at Solid
State drive as storage method instead of 15k sas disks for instance?
What is the performance difference in this regard.

            Perhaps someone out there is running with this config or
otherwise done some testing on it that can assist?

    Regards
Machiel

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Matthew WaldenDate: 2010-11-23 09:54:35