Postgresql 9 replication

From: Machiel Richards <machielr(at)rdc(dot)co(dot)za>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgresql 9 replication
Date: 2010-11-11 10:50:17
Lists: pgsql-novice

Good day all

I am busy testing the replication setup on Postgresql
9 as I will need to do this for a production system soon.

I have tried to do this twice now, following the
postgresql documentation on the website, however to no avail as the
documentation is terrible and keep on referring to other sections where
you need to jump to and at the end of the day replication still isn't
working. (even another dba tried to test it but no luck).

Does anybody have a proper tutorial or link to one on
how to setup the replication on postgresql 9?

Has anybody done this yet with some pointers perhaps on
what to look out for?

I would really appreciate the help.

Regards
Machiel