Re: [BUGS] Mapping Hibernate boolean to smallint(Postgresql)

From: stagirus <mamasa(at)stagirus(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [BUGS] Mapping Hibernate boolean to smallint(Postgresql)
Date: 2010-10-05 23:49:52
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-jdbc

Jeff:
Your research and the recommendation is viable. The conclusion was Java
boolean and DB char(1) are interoperable. By the same token, why wasn't Java
boolean and DB smallint interoperable? Is it the Hibernate issue (Dialect?),
JDBC driver issue, or the DB Engine issue? In our case, it works with Oracle
DB indicates to me that we are missing something. Or I am just missing
something.

I am afraid the boolean to char(1) might run into similar issues with other
databases. Just because it worked with DB2 and Postgres does not mean it
would work with other DBs. We are already noticing such incompatibilities
though our solution worked with Oracle.

Thanks.