Re: srpm odd spec file?

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: Mladen Gogala <mgogala(at)vmsinfo(dot)com>
Cc: mark <dvlhntr(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: srpm odd spec file?
Date: 2010-09-29 17:30:43
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

On Wed, 2010-09-29 at 13:17 -0400, Mladen Gogala wrote:
> I was able to install the new binaries and to upgrade my existing
> database without losing any data.

Great, thanks for the report.

> The only inconvenient thing is that for some reason package config
> wasn't found by the CPAN utility, I had to enter the paths to the bin,
> lib and include directory manually. Once linked, however, DBD::Pg
> 2.17.1 was perfectly functional.

Uhh... So I will probably need to include perl-DBD-Pg RPM in my repo,
and build it to match the new layout...

> For some reason, ODBC drivers are missing,

Upstream did not release new ODBC driver for 9.0, and we have a report
that 8.4 driver does not work against 9.0:

http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/DIIE.000009850001E2A1@kuhnle.com

That's why I did not package it yet.

> but ODBCng can be installed and they work flawlessly.

FWIW, ODBCng was EOLed last year, so you might want to wait for the
official driver.

Regards,

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ