Re: [BUGS] Mapping Hibernate boolean to smallint(Postgresql)

From: stagirus <mamasa(at)stagirus(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [BUGS] Mapping Hibernate boolean to smallint(Postgresql)
Date: 2010-09-28 23:31:52
Lists: pgsql-bugspgsql-jdbc
Kevin:
This discussion is getting overly political, legal and religious. I have no
interest in any of these.

You have already noted above that boolean values and integer values are
interchangeable as per the JDBC 4.0 Spec. Why are you now asking me to prove
it? (I am not married to Oracle either!)

I posted a common sense question. I requested for an advice why Postgresql
is not working in a seemingly obvious scenario. My hope was that Postgresql
community appreciates this sort of feedback.

Otherwise, when we can dedicate resources, we will troubleshoot these issues
and provide a patch, if that helps. Until then, fortunately life is full of
options.

Please advise so that we can put this discussion to rest.

Thanks.