Re: CVS in docs

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>, pgsql-docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CVS in docs
Date: 2010-09-22 17:53:53
Lists: pgsql-docs

Excerpts from Magnus Hagander's message of mié sep 22 13:29:00 -0400 2010:
> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 17:35, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> > Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> writes:

> >>     <!-- we need a file containing the CVS logs for each release, and something
> >>     like the SVN web interface that groups commits but has branches -->
> >
> > This comment should be updated, or deleted entirely.
>
> Given that I don't even understand what it means and what it does
> there, I deleted it :)

I think this is about having some sort of pointer to a ChangeLog or
similar resource (so that someone interested can see the commits for
each branch). I didn't look at your patch, but if you provide a pointer
to the Git "summary", that seems enough.

BTW now that they are pestered with the PgFoundry commit messages, the
pgsql-committers archive do not seem a very useful resource anymore.
The Git "shortlog" seems much better, so maybe we should point to that.