Re: BUG #5669: server process was terminated by exception 0xC0000005

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Andrew Geery <andrew(dot)geery(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #5669: server process was terminated by exception 0xC0000005
Date: 2010-09-21 21:50:57
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Excerpts from Andrew Geery's message of mar sep 21 16:37:20 -0400 2010:
> Running the server in debug mode, I see the following before the
> server crashes -- it looks like something goes wrong with
> autovac_balance_cost when trying to analyze the collection table (that
> was the table the inserts were being done into).
>
> Thanks

Hmm, can you get a stack trace?  Please see
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Getting_a_stack_trace_of_a_running_PostgreSQL_backend_on_Windows

Probably the easiest way to catch a dying autovacuum process is to set a
very high value of vacuum_cost_delay, so that it sleeps for long enough
that you can attach to it with the debugger before it dies.

Thanks