Re: Is disableing nested_loops a bad idea ?

From: Franck Routier <franck(dot)routier(at)axege(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Is disableing nested_loops a bad idea ?
Date: 2010-09-16 14:13:06
Lists: pgsql-performance

Thanks Kevin and Samuel for your input.

The point is we already made a lot of tweaking to try to tune postgresql
to behave correctly. I work with Damien, and here is a post he did in
july to explain the kind of problems we have
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.db.postgresql.performance/25745

The end of the thread was Robert Hass concluding that "Disabling
nestloops altogether, even for one particular query, is
often going to be a sledgehammer where you need a scalpel. But then
again, a sledgehammer is better than no hammer."

So I wanted to better understand to what extend using a sledgehammer
will impact me :-)

Franck