Re: Shared memory bug

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Rikardo Tinauer <rikardo(at)ebaeu(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Shared memory bug
Date: 2004-09-12 05:48:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Rikardo Tinauer <rikardo(at)ebaeu(dot)com> writes:
> But here comes something I think it is a bug. Shared memory can not
> be recovered from this point on. Everthing operation I try to
> perform on db says: out of shared memory. And the only option
> I have is to shutdown postmaster and start it again.

Hmm.  We've fixed a number of leakage problems since beta1, but I don't
recall any that would have quite that symptom.  Could you verify whether
it still occurs on beta2 (or better yet, a recent daily snapshot)?
If so, please send in a complete test case.

> We are testing postreSQL to run it in production, but this is
> unfortunately untolerable for us.

[ raised eyebrow... ]  Please tell me you're not seriously thinking of
running production on a beta release.