Re: function_name.parameter_name

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Darren Duncan <darren(at)darrenduncan(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: function_name.parameter_name
Date: 2010-09-08 22:34:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Darren Duncan's message of mié sep 08 18:29:35 -0400 2010:

> Personally I like the idea of developers not always having to be forced to
> choose among two equally good names, and making a wrapper function would be
> overkill for this feature.

While I don't agree with the idea of providing extra names that are
probably mostly going to increase the confusion of someone trying to
understand such a system, I think this use case would be well covered by
synonyms.  But these would be defined by a new SQL command, say CREATE
SYNONYM, not by funny notation on the initial CREATE FUNCTION call.