How to restore the database on a failed start database server service

From: LINO-ANTOINE PATY GISIBU <lino_paty(at)mongenie(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to restore the database on a failed start database server service
Date: 2010-08-25 16:31:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Hi! I am a user of one of your product; The Postgresql database server in his version 8.3.<br />
No long time, after an electricity power interruption, I could not start my database server, and then I quicky went to check the Windows Logs reports about the Postgresql 8.3 service, I see that It was not started and I tried to start it manually without success.<br />
In a short, I can not start even Windows the Postgresql 8.3 service in the mmc console.<br />
I tried certains given suggestion on some forums and group of developers I can not resolve the problem, my final solution is to RESTORE the datas, there are so important for my devil organisation I can not do anything else but taking the database out of this hell.<br />
Here I am with my SOS, How can i restore the database from the system which does not even start I mean the server can not start no way to restore datas, help me please.<br />
Is there any way to restore the database even if the server can not start?<br />
P.S: My system configuration: Windows XP SP2, 2 GB of RAM and 250 GB of HDD.<br />
Regardeless!
http://Mail.monGenie.com<br />
Créez votre Blog gratuit et rémunéré avec monGenie.com<br />
http://Blog.monGenie.com<br />

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Albert UllrichDate: 2010-08-25 17:50:31