Re: PgWest 2010

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PgWest 2010
Date: 2010-07-21 23:56:04
Lists: sfpug
On Wed, 2010-07-21 at 16:50 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > I have just been notified (website already updated) that the conference
> > has moved to the Sir Francis Drake. The reasons are two fold:
> The Sir Francis Drake is still an eminently respectable hotel and very
> well located.

Yes, but I have already been jabbed about the Drake connection :P (there
is none)

> Someone from the City of San Francisco has offered to give a talk about
> their use of PostGIS.  What's the procedure for invited talks?

Just have them submit, let me know who they are. I think it is a great
talk to have. Speakers are of course free.

(they have to create an account and login to submit)

> Oh, and can we put a couple SFPUGgers on the conference committee?

Sure. Thoughts on who?

Joshua D. Drake

-- Major Contributor
Command Prompt, Inc: - 509.416.6579