Re: Confusing Linux download page

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Confusing Linux download page
Date: 2010-06-16 20:34:12
Lists: pgsql-www

Excerpts from Bruce Momjian's message of mié jun 16 16:23:58 -0400 2010:
> Devrim G\xdcND\xdcZ wrote:
> -- Start of PGP signed section.
> > On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 15:45 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > >
> > > With the Command Prompt (CP) 8.4.4 debug/assert build problem reported
> > > and fixed last week, how would someone identify they were using CP
> > > RPMs, or yours?
> >
> > yum repo conf files show different URLs for the repos.
>
> But the RPM files themselves look the same? That seems confusing.

Particularly so if they are being distributed through the FTP site ...

Basically I see the status quo as there having been a fork of RPM
generation, with neither side wanting to admit that there was a fork in
the first place ...