From: "Prashanthi Muthyala" <pmuthyal(at)spsu(dot)edu>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2004-02-12 20:26:15
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi

I am trying to migrate the database and its tables from mysql in my
windows machine to postgresql in my new red hat linux . I was following
your links which has converstions from msaccess,mysql to postgresql and in
the process I have downloaded pgadmin 11 and i got the wizard. It says to
connect to target server. now what is that I need to write in that target
server?

the field in the connect wizard are
1. server
2.port
3.username
4.password

I have mysql control center in which I have some databases which I want to
transfer to postgresql .

is this pgadmin2 wizard will connect to the mysql server? what port number
should I give and I have some usernames and passwords in the mysql
database. shall I type those username and password.

Kindly let me know I actually thought of installing postgresql in windows
also and once I get the tables migrated from mysql to postgresql in the
same machine.. then I will burn it to cd and then thought of copying them
to postgresql present in red hat linux which is in different machine.

actually both these machines are connected to the same LAN. but I dont
know if there exists any way to direct dump the mysql tables in windows
machine to postgresql in linux machine..

do let me know....
i am stuckup here.

thankyou very much
prashanthi