PgWest Locations

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PgWest Locations
Date: 2010-05-21 21:01:16
Lists: sfpug

As I hope most of you know, I am the primary organizer of PostgreSQL
Conference West. The top two contenders this year for a location are
Seattle and the Bay area. We are leaning toward the Bay due to the high
PG population and density of tech companies (thus potential sponsors).

The current plan is to hold the conference Nov 3-4-5-6.

We have been shedding through a list of 50 potentials and have narrowed
it down to the following 5.

Hotel Monaco
501 Geary St. SF

Hotel Kabuki
1625 Post Street
San Francisco, CA 94115

Crowne Plaza Hotel
1221 Chess Drive
Foster City, CA 94404

Dolce hayes mansion
San Jose

Intercontinental SF
(To do this one, we have to move to the next week)

We would love some feedback. I have spoken to Josh Berkus and he is
favorable of the Hotel Kabuki. Any other thoughts? Is there a hotel you
folks might have a particular passion for?

I am leaning toward the Crowne Plaza because it is very close to SFO but
you guys certainly know the area better than us.

Any help would be appreciated.

-- Major Contributor
Command Prompt, Inc: - 503.667.4564

sfpug by date

Next:From: Christophe PettusDate: 2010-05-21 21:04:00