Re: Tab completion issue in 9.0 beta1

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Tab completion issue in 9.0 beta1
Date: 2010-05-18 14:48:17
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Excerpts from Devrim GÜNDÜZ's message of mar may 18 05:17:00 -0400 2010:
> I just noticed this:
>
> bodhi=# INSERT INTO release SAVEPOINT
>
> When there is a table called "release", even if I press V (for VALUES),
> psql replaces it with SAVEPOINT.

uh. Yeah, you can also try "insert into commit" and it offers
completion with PREPARED, TRANSACTION and WORK.

I think those rules are lacking a check that they are anchored at the
start of the string.

This completion stuff is rather primitive. I wonder if this could be
rewritten with a bison parser or something ... maybe even hook it on the
main parser, like the ecpg parser does.