Re: pg_start_backup and pg_stop_backup Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make CheckRequiredParameterValues() depend upon correct

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_start_backup and pg_stop_backup Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make CheckRequiredParameterValues() depend upon correct
Date: 2010-04-28 16:18:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 2010-04-28 at 11:10 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:

> > IIRC it was you that suggested changing the names of things if the
> > behaviour changes.
>
> Absolutely, but I'm arguing that we shouldn't change the behavior in
> the first place. At least as I understand it...

I feel like you're just arguing against whatever I say - your reasoning
makes no sense. Masao would not have proposed it as a change if it
already worked like that, would he? Just reading the thread would tell
you that much. Plus, you clearly don't know how it works now, so not
sure why you're commenting at all, its just minor stuff and a few ideas.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com