Re: EOL for jabber.postgresql.org

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: EOL for jabber.postgresql.org
Date: 2010-04-20 17:11:23
Lists: pgsql-www
On Tue, 2010-04-20 at 12:30 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > But the service was in use.
> >
> > Any plans to recreate this service? It might not be a critical service,
> > but it's a good way to talk with other team members.

I don't really see a need honestly. You can use Gtalk, jabber.org or any
number of other jabber services and they can all talk to each other.

> It was not reliable --- good riddance.  If we can't do it well, we
> should not do it.

Well it was only recently unreliable in consideration of the life of the
service. The main problem with it was the hardware it is on.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor